Who is Eligible?
VISION USA WILL CLOSE FOR THE HOLIDAYS BEGINNING DECEMBER 22, 2015 AND WILL REOPEN JANUARY 4, 2016
The following states participate in the VISION USA program:
Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, and West Virginia.
If your state is not listed, see state run programs.
VISION USA provides a basic eye examination to low-income individuals in the US. Member doctors of the American Optometric Association donate services. To qualify, applicants must meet all five of the eligibility requirements outlined below:
1. Have no private or government insurance, including Medicare or Medicaid
2. Have income below the established level based on household size — Income Level Chart
3. Have not had an eye exam within the past 24 months
4. Must be a US citizen or legal resident with a social security or legal resident number
5. Have not received a doctor referral through the VISION USA program in the last two years
Maximum of 4 applicants per household per year.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE
A contact lens exam and / or contacts are not available through this program. Eyewear may be provided at no cost or for a small fee/donation in some states.
To contact VISION USA, please send an email to VISIONUSA@aoa.org