Eligibility Requirements / Criteria
The National Optometry Hall of Fame recognizes individuals whose dedicated service, lifetime achievements and enduring lifetime contributions have advanced the profession of optometry.
Open to all optometrists:
- Involved in optometric clinical care, private practice, federal service, academia, research or industry.
- With records of dedicated service, lifetime achievements and enduring lifetime contributions.
- Involved in the field of optometry for over 20 years or is currently retired.
- National Stature / Recognition by Colleagues
- Leadership Contributions
- Diversity (professional activities; race/ethnicity)
- Lifelong Achievements
- Impact of Contributions
- AOA Award(s)
- Optometrists nominated for the 2013 AOA Distinguished Service Award will automatically be placed in the selection pool for the 2014 National Optometry Hall of Fame.
- Each nomination is valid for 4 consecutive years.
Online nominations for the 2014 National Optometry Hall of Fame are now being accepted. The online nomination forms can be accessed here.