InfantSEE Scholarship, sponsored by Vision West, Inc.
Vision West, Inc. (VWI), a leading national (eye-care business group offering Optometric Business Services including group purchasing services to its members), and Optometry Cares – The AOA Foundation are pleased to again offer a national scholarship program to promote InfantSEE®. The winner will be awarded $5,000 and the runner-up will receive $2,500. This InfantSEE® Scholarship Grant, sponsored by Vision West, Inc., will be awarded to the author of the entry judged to be the best essay submitted to Optometry Cares.
“The 2009 InfantSEE® Scholarship Grant enabled my husband, also an optometry student, and me to work an outstanding summer externship in San Antonio without taking additional loans for living expenses. At this stage in our education, obtaining an additional loan would have been difficult, but much thanks to Vision West for sponsoring this scholarship, allowing us to keep our minds focused on learning and less concerned with financial burden.”
Ms. Jessica Unruh, University of Houston College of Optometry
2009 InfantSEE® $5,000 Scholarship Grant Recipient
The student must:
- Be a third-year student member (Class of 2015) in good standing in the American Optometric Student Association and the American Optometric Association;
- Be a student in good academic standing;
- Submit a paper, written in English, not to exceed 1,000 words, DUE January 13, 2014. This paper needs to address EACH of the following topics:
1. What have you done as a student to prepare yourself to become an active participant as an InfantSEE® provider?
2. How have your clinical experiences directly contributed to your development as a future participant in the InfantSEE® program and how you will translate these experiences into clinical practice as an InfantSEE® provider?
3. What do you see as the major challenges to providing optometric care to infants and how would you overcome these challenges?
4. Describe how you would personally promote the InfantSEE® program and what you envision the most effective method of marketing the importance of infant vision as an entry point into a lifetime of eye care at a state and national level.
Click here to download the complete InfantSEE Scholarship 2014 Packet, sponsored by Vision West, Inc..
For questions about this scholarship grant or its administration, please contact the Foundation.