Dr. Seymour Galina Scholarship
One of the earliest endowed gifts to Optometry Cares – The AOA Foundation was a scholarship fund established through a bequest from the late Seymour Galina, O.D., long-time AOA member. The Foundation manages the endowment by investing the original gift and then using the earnings to fund the Dr. Seymour Galina Scholarship Grant in perpetuity.
Dr. Galina and his family continue to be remembered for his generous love of the profession through this $2,500 scholarship grant, which will be awarded to one optometry student who has successfully completed the following criteria and whose paper is judged to be the best essay submitted to Optometry Cares – The AOA Foundation.
Jacoby Dewald, Northeastern State University, Oklahoma College of Optometry
2009 Dr. Seymour Galina Grant Recipient
The student must:
- Be a third-year student member (Class of 2016) in good standing in the American Optometric Student Association and the American Optometric Association;
- Be a student in good academic standing;
- Submit a paper, (DUE November 11, 2014) written in English, not to exceed 1,500 words on the following topic: Qualities I have developed through my financial planning/work experience during and/or before optometry school, that I believe will be most useful to me in a professional optometric practice.
Click here to download:
- 2015 Galina Submission Form
- 2015 Galina Grant Notice
- 2015 Galina Custom Grant Notice
- Form W-9 or Form W-8
For questions about this scholarship grant or its administration, please contact the Foundation.