2016 Scholarship Grant Information
- Only schools accredited by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE) are eligible to participate in the Optometry Cares – The AOA Foundation Scholarship Program.
- All scholarship essays must be submitted to Optometry Cares by the school designee. Check with the Student Affairs Office to determine the on-campus application deadline.
- Each school and college will choose one candidate for each scholarship category from all applications received. The individual’s name and essay/video should be forwarded to Optometry Cares in St. Louis by October 30, 2015. Optometry Cares accepts one essay submission from each school for each scholarship program to consider.
- The submissions will be evaluated by the Optometry Cares Endowment and Scholarship Fund Advisory Committee and the winners will be announced in January 2016 and featured on this web site and on www.aoa.org.
- An e-mail will be sent to school officials, to which the scholarship criteria and Candidate Submission forms will be attached.
General Application Requirements
- Candidate Submission forms must be completed in their entirety by school officials;
- Student applicants must be a member in good standing in the American Optometric Student Association and the American Optometric Association;
- Be a student in good academic standing at their respective institution;
- Schools should submit their one completed application for each scholarship program to Optometry Cares by October 30, 2015 for consideration. Scholarship submissions received after this date will not be considered.
Specific Application & Scholarship Requirements
Dr. Seymour Galina Scholarship
InfantSEE Scholarship, sponsored by Vision West, Inc.
Dr. Pat and Patrick Cummings Scholarship
Bernard Maitenaz Scholarship, sponsored by Essilor